Monday, July 26, 2010

A Long Time Coming

Well, it has definitely been a while since my last post, and unfortunately, a while since I've really stitched anything. Work has taken up a big chunk of my time, even with 2-3 days off, I rarely find any time to stitch. I also haven't really "felt" any of the project's I've started lately. I pick them up when I do find time and just don't have the enthusiasm to work on them or get much done. Hopefully I get my mojo back soon! I do have a few things to share since I've been gone from blogging though...

Here is SanMan's calendar piece for July. The pattern is charted for the ice cream to be brown & pink but I added the white-ish color to make it a neapolitan ice cream cone. It's hard to believe this is the last week of July! The year, month & summer have flown by!


I'm also working on the June & July SanMan blackwork pieces. I can't wait to start on July, its a really nice stars & stripes theme in dark red, blue & gold.

I also finally found a frame for Hot Stuff! I got this on sale for $1.91 at Hobby Lobby! It was a little scratched up so it was in the home decor clearance aisle and with another so much of a % off the clearance price cost almost nothing! I liked the look of it being a little ruff, so I took a piece of sandpaper to it to give it an even more beat up look. Sorry for the bad picture, I hung it in a hallway to get a picture and didn't use the flash since it always showed up in the glass.


I feel terribly behind and am going to try to catch up on blogs so I can see all of the fun everyone else has been up to! Maybe I can find something that catches my eye & lights a stitching fire under me! lol Have a great day & thanks for stopping by! Nick

4 comments:

  1. Your Hot Stuff finish all framed up looks great!
    So you are in a stitching slump too, it does seem to be going around. Sometimes I can go days inbetween starting something new, I know I want to start it but I just cant motivate myself.
    My stitching drawer is calling me, oh dear!
    LISA V

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mojo will come back, it always does! Hot Stuff looks great framed! I love what you did to the frame. Your SanMan piece is very cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the frame! Congrats on the power buy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love the Hot Stuff finish & how you've roughed up the frame - suits it perfectly. Like how your WIP's are developing too. :0)

    ReplyDelete